Monday, January 4, 2010

Two Reasons

My writing was set off by two very personal reasons: the love for literature and the zeal for positive influence. These reasons, simple but meaningfully relevant, are the passions that have driven me onward in my journey to become nothing less than a proficient and competent writer.

First, it was my fondness for literature that ignited my interest to write. I held a special fascination for the works crafted by the Masters. It was by their woven pieces of art that the writer in me was inspired. Thus, in light of their creations, sublime and brilliant, I couldn’t, even if I wanted to, fight the lure to write.

Soon enough, my writing found a second purpose in my desire to influence my world. I came to believe that as a writer I had a duty to enable my fellow man endure and prevail. And in lifting the heart of my fellows, I saw the opportunity to divulge the truths and insights I have come to know. This, above all, has come to be my greatest motivation for writing. 

However, in other to justify these reasons I have done nothing short of pursuing my dreams. I have voraciously devoured books and texts pertaining to the art and style of writing. I have joined writing circles where my works have been constructively critiqued. And of course, to learn even more, I have critically read the literature of many exemplary writers.

Additionally, in an effort to attain a professional status, I decided it wise to seek the guidance that only experienced tutors can provide. This decision has brought me to the Writers Bureau; an institution I hope would help me in achieving my goals to become an established journalist and ultimately, a fiction writer.

Surely, not too long from now, through my toil and persistence, I would have made giant strides in my writer’s journey and I would have become the writer I’d aimed to become, with my aspirations fully met and realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment